Very little progress has been made.
The latest version of the code is starting to produce a bit of code smell and I’m not happy with it. It will need a rewrite.
In the meantime if you go to the page you can find the lastest version of the game.
Note : I am drawing a shield on the screen but it doesnt interact with anything yet. That is next on the list of things to do.
Note2 : It has only really been tested with the chrome browser however I did notice the other day that in firefox the base shot is slightly offset. I need to look into why that is.
I’ve had a bit more spare time to look into Html5. The asteroids game was vector graphics. Now I wanted to try raster graphics. To this end I have started on my old favourite Space Invaders. A simple game but it have does have raster graphics, quite a few sprites on the screen at any one time and the bases are destructible. A nice selection of things covered.
Sound will not be covered. As mentioned before sound is not properly defined and until some sort of standard is defined I’m not going to waste time trying to write around what we currently get between the browsers.
The page is very much work in progress and doesn’t look anywhere close to finished. But bear with me.
Way back in 2007 I wrote block invaders in BlitzMax. This has now been added to this new site.